OTA testing system for wireless terminals that supports 5G MIMO/SISO measurements.
Innovative box structure with cleverly asymmetrical thirteen-sided design.
The RayZone 1800 5G+ is a 5G (FR1) SISO/MIMO Compact Antenna/OTA Test System. It can be configured flexibly to conduct any OTA task with the same accuracy and repeatability as a conventional large certification system, but with much higher speed and smaller floor space. This is an enhanced version of the RayZone 1800 5G.
Low Dispersion Antenna
As one of the key components of the OTA testing system, the low-scattering antenna is used in RZ1800 to ensure the system achieves the best testing accuracy.
The antenna operates at frequencies ranging from 400MHz to 7.5GHz, and features:
- A gain flatness of ±0.25dB for every 100MHz bandwidth across the entire frequency range.
- Optimized antenna feeding to enhance standing wave performance.
- Modular design to ensure consistent antenna performance and easy installation and maintenance.
- Compact size, integrated design with surrounding absorptive foam, achieving low-scattering performance.
- Electrical performance: EPP has a small dielectric constant, low surface reflection, uniform material, and sufficient internal attenuation, achieving good absorption performance in the microwave band.
- Flame retardancy: Compliant with UL94 HF-1 standard.
- Oxygen index: >27%.
- Operating temperature: Long-term -50‒100℃, short-term 120℃.
- Environmental protection: Raw materials are non-toxic, odorless, and release no harmful gases or dust.
- Finished product: Stable properties, complying with RoHS requirements.
- Physical performance: One-time molding with precise dimensions; uniform appearance color, customizable; stable product with no deformation and no maintenance needed for life.
- Antenna operating frequency: 600MHz‒12GHz.
- Gain flatness of the antenna within the entire frequency range: ≤±0.25dB.
- Other features: Optimized antenna feeding to improve standing wave performance; modular design to ensure antenna performance consistency, easy installation and maintenance; small size with an integrated design with the surrounding absorbing material to achieve low scattering performance.
RZ1800 provides antenna engineers with an accurate testing environment to ensure that small antennas can obtain real and accurate antenna patterns in different orientations in the low-frequency range. The figure below shows the test results of a standard passive antenna inside the RZ1800, which is consistent with the software simulation results.
RZ1800 design has passed rigorous system-level hardware simulation, with every component and detail being carefully crafted. Customized measuring antennas with wideband, low-scattering, and low-cross polarization are adopted. The EPP new-type absorption material is firm, durable, environmentally friendly, moisture-proof, and dust-free. The fully-transparent, customized fixture design can effectively reduce blockage and improve measurement accuracy. It is precisely because of the attention to detail that the testing results of RZ1800 can be compared with those of large far-field testing systems. It not only agrees with the laboratory simulation results but also possesses all the testing functions of expensive and large certification-level dark rooms.
The RZ1800 is an extremely versatile product within the RZ series of general-purpose test analog electromagnetic environment measurement systems. It is powerful, richly configured, and capable of providing testing accuracy equivalent to that of a large-scale darkroom, as well as superior testing speed and consistency.
Based on a brand-new measurement theory and system design, the RZ1800 employs a unique asymmetric polygon design that cleverly multiplies the RF sampling points of the test item, achieving a perfect balance between small space and full functionality. The RZ1800 fully supports SISO OTA testing and can support radiated two-stage MIMO OTA throughput testing with a pure software upgrade, making it a high-performance and cost-effective RF pre-verification test system that conforms to 4G/5G communication standards.
- Supports all mainstream communication standards
- Supports all required standard testing items
- Supports passive/active/head and hand testing modes
- Supports 2D/3D directional diagram display
- Supports Desense testing
- Supports a rich set of instrument configurations
- Provides rich debugging information needed for research and development
- Provides RF sampling angle density of up to 15 degrees
- Provides optimized plugins for the tested item
- Supports three-dimensional testing, two-dimensional testing on planes, and single-point testing verification.
- The testing raw data and log management are well established, and the testing process is solidified and cannot be changed, while also being traceable.
- Batch processing functions support the creation of task lists and achieve unattended continuous testing.
- The software has a built-in rich template, and the preset parameter settings fully consider the characteristics of different instruments and platforms, making the operation simple and effectively avoiding erroneous operations.
- The three-dimensional data display software provides directional map arbitrary angle rotation and cutting functions, helping R&D engineers to visually analyze and diagnose problems.
- It supports free selection of testing angle step size and testing configuration. Clicking on any point of the testing data can display detailed information.
- It also provides rich testing process anti-disconnection, breakpoint reconnection, and exception prompting settings, effectively improving the reliability and fluency of the measurement.